



I think Mother Nature is playing a mean joke on half the nation this week. Last Friday and Saturday, I was outside with my kids all day playing in 70 degree weather and this we have been experiencing 20 below zero.
Last Thursday was my sweet husband birthday; Happy Birthday Larry! Carter could not understand why we were not having a full blown out party. It did not help that my brother in law's birthday was the next day so we had to have the discussion all over again. Carter did think that Larry needed a Spiderman cake. Well, look what my mom found at the grocery store...see picture above. That is right, it is giant Spiderman cupcake. Carter was super excited for Larry to come home from work and see it. To top off the Spiderman cake we got him a Mickey Mouse card that played the "Hot Dog" song from Mickey Mouse Club House. The minute Larry opened the card, Natalie's face lite up, she loved it. Who thought the birthday was actually about you?
Amarillo then had two days of 70 degree weather and we spent as much time outside as we could. I know this is not 100% safe, but we really do not have much of a backyard, so I let my kids drive the jeep in the alley while I stand there and watch for cars. Our neighbors came out to play too. At one point we had 3 bicycles, 3 motorized little vehicles and toys all over the driveway. We had a blast! I posted a picture of the kids in the jeep.
What a way to top off a weekend, then to have your kids share their germs with you from the following week. I woke up Sunday, we the stomach bug and a horrible cold. I am over the stomach bug, thank goodness, but still have the cold. I told Larry, that I had been wanting to lose about 5lbs, but would not prefer to lose it that way ever again.
Amarillo and half the nation was then hit with the lovely weather we have been having. I can't complain to much, because we did not get hardly any snow, just 20 below zero. You know it is cold when they report the North Pole is warmer than Amarillo.
I decided to keep Carter home from school on Tuesday, because the weather was so cold. Amarillo does not cancel school for anything. I thought I should keep him home when the news was saying if you were outside for more than 20 minutes you could get frost bite. However, half way through the afternoon, I went outside to remind myself just why I kept him home. He had cabin fever bad, needless to say, he went to school the rest of the week bundled up.
Natalie had her 18 month well check up this week. She is doing awesome! She is in the 9 percentile on weight and staying steady with everything. I just feel so blessed every time I look at her.
I have a small prayer request today. We have some friends that just got some bad news about their unborn child. They found out the baby's brain is under-developed at this point. The brain is measuring about 24 weeks and she is 34 weeks. They have several doctors appointment in the upcoming weeks to find more out.
Larry and I are strong believers in prayer. We feel that Natalie is only here with us today, because of all you prayer warriors out there. I ask for you to say a special prayer for this family and their unborn baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment