I was blessed to be able to volunteer one day with Carter's actual group. There is nothing like 11 4 year olds, to completely wear you out. Natalie went to the nursery,but after two hours in the nursery, she wanted to come and join the fun.
At the end of the time everyone gets together and sings as we wait for parents to pick up there kids. Natalie was fascinated and trying to do all the hand motions. Yes, I did almost cry, but thought I should really try and contain myself for the sake of the other kids around. I just can't help it sometimes, when I see my kids on fire for God!
We get the option to purchase a music cd of the songs they sing during the week. I was pretty pumped to buy a new VBS cd, because frankly, I was tired of the one from last year, that we still played everyday. I can't complain too much, because it does make my heart smile to hear Carter in the backseat busting out, "He's wild! He's wild! God is wild about us!" Plus, occasionally I get the hand motions too!
I do have to mention this one last thing, because I am so proud of Carter. He has memorized his first bible verse, Philippians 4:13! We were driving to school one day and he would not stop talking, so I thought I would try and get him to memorize a bible verse and that was the only one that came to my mind, but I do love it, so it worked.
Some updated on our friend's kids with e coli....Our friend whose little girl was in Dallas is home now and doing much better. They will continue to have blood work done twice a week for a while. The other two little girls are finally doing better. One had surgery today to get her port out. God is working and healing these little girls!
No comments:
Post a Comment