Natalie is out of ICU! We finally got moved to the 8th floor, which is the cardiac floor. We will be here for a few days. They will basically continue monitoring her and make sure she is eating good before we can leave.
I had a great opportunity today to help demonstrate the "Virtual Crib" to some donors here at Children's. The hospital is trying to improve the virtual crib and have more of them for every room in the ICU. If you do not remember, the virtual crib is where they set a web camera in Natalie's room and I had a web camera at Baylor. I was able to see Natalie and ask questions. When I used the virtual crib you could not talk back and forth to one another, only type. The hospital is trying to get it where you can actually talk back and forth, so the mother can get a better update on what is happening. I can't say enough about how amazing the virtual crib was and comforting as a mother separated from her baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment