
Since Natalie got discharged from the hospital after her heart cath, we have been trying to get organized and things in place before her surgery tomorrow. I made Larry's dad in Sulphur Springs yesterday to drop Carter off. He is going to stay with them for the week. Carter was so excited about getting to stay with Gran and Papa. He just loves them so much.
I really thought Carter would take a nap in the car on our way to meet Papa, but I was way wrong. Carter talked the entire time about Gran and Papa and what he wanted to do this week. He is so funny!
We spent the morning at Children's getting Natalie all ready for her 3rd surgery tomorrow. She will be having a Bidirectional glenn shunt done. They will be connecting the superior vena cava to the pulmonary artery. Natalie has two superior vena cavas, so the will connect both them.
The surgery should last around 5 hours. She will be placed on a hear- lung bypass machine for a time period. Dr. Forbess does not think he will have to stop her heart, but they will lower the temperature of it.
The bidirectional glenn shunt is where the blue blood from the head, neck and upper body is directed to the lung (pulmonary) artery through the superior vena cava. This allows the blood to flow into the lungs for oxygen. The bidirectional glenn procedure reduces the work load of the heart. They will also clamp off or remove the BT Shunt, she currently has in place.
Every case is different but we are hoping to only be in ICU until Thursday and then be on the 8th floor (Cardiac) for 5 to 7 days. Everything depends on Miss Natalie. I like to joke that she is the CEO of our family. She rules the roost!
I have a few small prayer requests for tonight and tomorrow. Please pray for Natalie tonight to sleep peacefully. I ask they you pray for her and the team of surgeons tomorrow. I have one last prayer request...please pray for Larry's health. He woke up Sunday morning with the stomach bug. He was suppose to fly down her tonight, but we both think it is best for him to wait until tomorrow when he feels 100% and is stronger. I know it must so hard for him not to be here with Natalie the day before and the morning of her surgery.
I will keep everyone updated like I have in the passed. She is first case, so she will go at 7:30am. The first hour to hour and half is getting her the ivs and preparations needed.
Thank you all for your support, we love and miss you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment