Thursday, September 28, 2017

Pain Management

“But the Lord stood with me and gave me strength”
2 Timothy 4:17

I do not think I moved once my head hit the pillow last night. We are so blessed to have an amazing friend who has opened her home to us, to used a a home base. We will never be able to repay her, for her kindness. She is amazing! 

Larry said the night was long as well. He thinks he got about 2.5 hours of sleep. You do not want to fall asleep, because you are afraid she will wake up and you will not hear her. 

Natalie did get up several times to use the bathroom. The nurse brought us a little potty seat for her room, however that will be going away today, as they want her to walk to the bathroom. Walking will be one of the best things for her, she will however not seemot that way. 

We met with pain management today and believe we have her in a good schedule to help with the pain. She is currently sleeping and watching a little iPad movies. 



The plan is to get her up this afternoon and take a small walk. She is going probably cry through her entire thing. I have been mentally preparing myself. I gave myself a pep talk on the way back to hospital this morning. It is going to be a tough love kind of day, I am afraid. 

I told her she is going to eat at some point today. We need to get some food in her, otherwise the pain meds will start upsetting her tummy and hat only adds a whole new set of problems. 

Please keep the prayers coming. Larry and I feel like today is going to be a better day, but a hard day. We feel like we have a great team in place and she will start feeling better before to long. 

Below is a picture of her new hardware. This was right after her surgery so she was laying flat on her tummy. The wire you can see in the background of from her heart surgeries. 


No comments:

Post a Comment